Saturday, October 18, 2008

Samuel stories

Welcome to my blog. I hope to share information on this blog about what our family is learning and how we are changing each week.

Currently, our family is joyfully in Tennessee celebrating God's love & festival with our church family. The weather and fellowship has been wonderful.

Here are a couple of stories that touched my heart from our son, Samuel, who is currently 5 years old.

We were packing for our trip to TN and gathering our money to present to God. He had saved $44. When I asked him how much money he wanted to give to God he stated, "I have to give God 100% of what I have because that's what I get to do." We talked about that would mean that he was giving God all of his money and he was joyfully ready and willing to do that. I am so thankful for the teaching of our church that does challenge us to give all of our hearts to God!

In the car traveling down Samuel shared how excited he was about being in TN. He said, "I've been going to my schools every day and finally God has blessed me with going to TN." His perspective challenges me to be more thankful and appreciative of everything in life.

No comments: