Saturday, January 24, 2009

Praising God for Snow

I have lived in Michigan all of my life, and honestly have always dreaded snowy weather and feeling trapped indoors for the winter months. I am so thankful that God has transformed my mind and thoughts about the winter. This winter I have absolutely enjoyed the snow....and we have had plenty of snow this winter!

I praise God that He can use the beautiful snowflakes to remind me to be pure, choosing the things that please Him. Isaiah 1:18b & 19a says, "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. If you are willing and obedient you will eat the best from the land."

I am thankful for times that God has allowed me to go cross country ski in the newly fallen snow. What a joy to see the paradise that God has created in his artistry of nature. It reminds me of Psalm 19: 1-6. "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where this voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat."

I rejoice and praise God that when my focus is on God and His will and I pray that I will please Him with my choices I have peace. It doesn't matter if the economy is suffering, the political decisions of the United States, or if the weather is cold and really snowy I am thankful and able to find God each day! God is transforming me day by day. As Romans 12:2 states, "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test & approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing, and perfect will."

I have been blessed with hearing truth through Weigh Down Workshop. Check out the website: http://www.weighdown.com/

No comments: