Wednesday, October 21, 2009

2009 Fall Update

Another six months has passed and SO much has changed. Friends have moved. Kids have been home for the summer with lots to do. The boys attend a new school this year. A storm came through and changed our whole back yard. I have grown closer to God....this is the most exciting change, as I have yearned to know God personally my whole life. Growing up I was always searching for Him. Praise God that I have found Him.

I am so thankful for the Weigh Down Workshop and the Bible Studies that I have taken that showed me that this life is not about me; but that my purpose is to find God and to glorify Him each day!

Just today, I read out of the Rise Above book by Gwen Shamblin. On page 89 Gwen says, "I am not special---I am no different from anyone else. If I seem to be free to love God, it is only due to the fact that when I'm tempted, I get down on my knees, flat on my face before God and in His Word, and surrender. Then I surrender a little more. Then I surrender it all---until the Lord shows me the next level of death. But do I look dead? No! Life comes from dying to your own will and replacing it with God's will---not your spouse's or boss's or kids' wishes, but God's will."

This incredible teaching has shown me that food is not better then God, man's approval is not better then God, and being lazy with my time is not pleasing to God. I want to please God and God alone! Pray that I keep looking for His will and letting my will go by the wayside.

No comments: